Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food Choices

We've been coming to a more global awareness about the food choices we make.  Last night on Planet Green, I watched an episode of 'Blood, Sweat and Takeaways' - so many great insights from that show (another topic) so if you get that channel, try to check it out sometime!

Oprah finally had her vegan-friendly show with Alicia Silverstone and Michael Pollan (author of The Omnivore's Dilemma among others - http://www.michaelpollan.com/ ).  People are watching 'Food, Inc.' and learning about where their food comes from.  It's awesome to have this information.  Knowledge is power!

Whether you are a full-fledged carnivore, an omnivore, a herbivore or anywhere in between, learning about others food choices can help you define your own more clearly.

Lately, I've been getting so much wonderful info. from Kind Green Planet that I have to give it a shout out here:
30 Missions Vegan at Heart Programs & Services Kind Green Planet

Don't let the vegan part scare you away.  This site is friendly and upbeat and I'm sure you will come away with some great ideas even if you are a meat eater!

I will talk more about food choices in detail in later posts.  Food for thought....What do you want to talk about?

3 comments:

  1. I have not watched my DVD "Food, Inc." yet, but I plan on doing it soon. But, since watching the Oprah show, I was very enlightened and since then I only buy organice meats, eggs, veggies (when I can) and fruits. They are much more expensive, but hopefully that won't always be the case. I must say...they taste much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!
    We have been buying organic apples...just tried huge Pink Ladies from Wegman's - they were delicious!
    The organic chicken from Wegman's was voted the best ever by the boys. I liked it because the packaging is #1 and I can take it to Whole Foods for recycling! I still think it might be a bad life for those chickens (probably) since they are still factory-farmed, I think.
    Still confused about the eggs since some people say organic is cruelty-free and some don't...??
    All organic celery I've found is soft and rubbery like a rubber band...:( Maybe that's a good candidate for our garden.
    I don't see many organic potatoes, either, and what he said about potatoes in Omnivore's Dilemma was really gross.

    ReplyDelete